About the reporter
Buffalo native Mark Gaughan started working at The News in 1980 and covered the Bills from 1992 through 2014. He is a former president of the Pro Football Writers of America.
Amy Moritz, a native of Lockport, has covered colleges for The Buffalo News since 1999. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism/mass communication from St. Bonaventure University and a master's degree in humanities from the University at Buffalo. An endurance athlete, she has completed several triathlons, half marathons and marathons.
- Live coverage: Busy day of Big 4 basketball, including Canisius men at Bona
- How volleyball helped Alex Iafallo's hockey game
- Friday's Canisius-Mercyhurst game in Erie postponed; Saturday in HarborCenter still on
- UB-Kent State game tentatively scheduled for 1 p.m. Friday
- Niagara returns from bye week hoping for a fresh start