About the reporter
Buffalo native Mark Gaughan started working at The News in 1980 and covered the Bills from 1992 through 2014. He is a former president of the Pro Football Writers of America.
Amy Moritz, a native of Lockport, has covered colleges for The Buffalo News since 1999. She has a bachelor's degree in journalism/mass communication from St. Bonaventure University and a master's degree in humanities from the University at Buffalo. An endurance athlete, she has completed several triathlons, half marathons and marathons.
- Buffalo State men's hockey rides the learning curve with 10 freshmen
- Bona's Ndoye, Healy headline preseason all-Big 4 BKB teams
- Big 4 teams to wear Buffalo Braves-themed uniforms for Nov. 29 double-header
- UB women picked to finish first in MAC East basketball
- Niagara looks to break free of longest losing streak to start a season